Alocasia Dragon Scale《龙鳞海芋》
Alocasia dragon scale is amazed for its exotic emerald-green leaves with prominent venation that reminds of the mythical dragon scales. It is a rhizomatous plant and a tropical perennial that usually grows in the rain forest.
Secret of Success :
- Thrives in a spot with bright indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight will burn the delicate leaves.
- Requires well-drained soil.
- Water regularly when the soil is dry.
- Enjoys high humidity.
- Fertilise lightly during growing season.
- Away cold drafts or direct contact with heaters, fans or air conditioners. It will stop growing and look unwell as soon as it gets cold, which it called as dormancy or hibernation.
Pot diameter: 9cm
Plant height: cm (including pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.