Alocasia Zebrina《斑马海芋》- (80cm)
Alocasia zebrina is commonly known as an Elephant ear. It features upright, arrowhead-shaped green with solid or reticulated leaves. Its standout feature is zebra-patterned striping along the thin stems. It can grow up to three feet high and wide. It sheds older leaves naturally and replaces them with new foliage.
Secrets of success:
- Thrive in medium to bright indirect sunlight. Can’t tolerate low light or direct sunlight (might scorch their leaves).
- Grow in well-drained soil and keep the soil lightly moist.
- Water thoroughly when the soil is almost dry. Not drought tolerant plant, extended periods of dryness will cause leaf edges to brown.
- Enjoys high humidity (>60% ideally), mist the leaves always.
- Fertilise lightly during the growing season.
-Keep away from kids and animals (Toxic if ingested).
Pot diameter: 15cm Quantity: 6 pots
Plant height: 80cm (incl. pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.