Medinilla magnifica features huge blossoms and vibrant pinkish colours. This beautiful plant comes from Southeast Asia and usually grows on the branches of trees with rose pink hanging flowers.
Secret of success:
- Requires bright indirect sunlight but away from the hottest sun.
- Well-drained soil.
- Water when the soil is drier.
- Provide humidity to avoid red spider mites attack. Provide a temperature of between 18-25ºC throughout the year.
- Apply a standard liquid fertilizer every two weeks once flower buds begins to open.
- Prune plants after flowering ended, cutting back unwanted branches almost to base level and shorting by half all long branches, regardless of whether have flowered or not.
Pot diameter: 17cm
Plant height: 55cm (Included pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.