Oxalis triangularis or purple shamrock is highly “photophilic”, which means that they open and close not just their blooms, but also their leaves in response to light. At night, it is neatly folded. However, it looks like a cluster of little purple butterflies that open wide to the morning light.
Secret of success:
- Prefers a sunny location (75% filtered light). Rotate the pot as the blooms follow the sun.
- Requires well-drained soil.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Fertilise lightly during the growing period.
- Oxalis triangularis occasionally go dormant, looking like the entire plant has died. Just stop watering and let the soil thoroughly dry. Resume watering when see a new leaf emerge.
Pot diameter: 8cm
Plant height: 20cm (including pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.