Hypoestes or as known as polka dot plant is an eye-catching little plant with brightly spotted leaves that stand out against most other foliage. Warm temperature and humidity are key to growing polka dots plants.
Secret of success:
- Does best in filtered sun or part shade. Too much or too little light causes colours to fade.
- Well-drained moist soil.
- Water when the soil is almost dry.
- Enjoy high humidity (60-70%). Dry air causes leaves to shrivel.
- Fertilize lightly during the growing season.
- The plants have tendency to get leggy. Pinch back the two leaves on each stem on a weekly basis to promote a bushier growth habbit.
Plant height: 15cm (Included pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.