Sophora prostrata or commonly known as the dwarf kowhai is a small evergreen shrub native to New Zealand. It is a particularly attractive plant with a tangle of interlacing branches which are golden in colour, zigzagging growth, small leaves bearing even smaller leaflets and yellow-orange barded flowers in the spring.
Secret of success:
- Prefer full sun, but do well in partial shade. Avoid area of excessive trapped heat.
- Requires good drainage medium.
- Water it when the medium is almost dried out. Do not over water it.
- Fertilise lightly during the growing season.
- During the active growth or warmer spot (plant is actively growing), plants need to be kept moist.
Pot diameter: 17cm
Plant height: 35cm (incl. pot height)
Plant Care Tips
Plant Care Tips
Most plants thrive in high humidity — around 80%.
Using a humidifier can help, but there are other ways to increase the moisture in the air near your plants. A small tray containing pebbles and water can boost local humidity as can grouping plants more closely together. Daily misting of the plant’s leaves can help as well. For some plants, such as gardenias and orchids, keeping them in a bathroom or the kitchen (both usually have a higher humidity) can help.
Your delivery options will be calculated at checkout. During the peak season, delivery times may require longer lead times than usual.
Please note that the plant you purchase will be the same type of plant and it will be similar to the one in the photo but it will not be the actual plant photographed. The actual size and grow of the plant you are receiving may also be slight variations from the photo.